Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunday Seven, Part VI


Seven things I am grateful for this week:

1. Spring flowers
This picture was taken last spring in my garden. This year the freesias and madeira lilies are already in bloom, but the bearded iris usually bloom in April and May. I've taken the iris rhizomes that produce this flower with me wherever I've moved for the last 26 years. The very first time the iris bloomed in my garden was the day my DD was (almost 26 years ago.)

2.
Knitty On Line Magazine
The new Spring issue of Knitty is out! More sock patterns to try, OH NO. Fingerless gloves, a great lace scarf, kids clothes, a wonderful briefcase bag, an interesting shrug, great cardigan sweaters, and more. I even have some of the yarns in my stash.

3. Caring, generous knitters everywhere
4. Good friends (who knit)
5. Creative Yarn Producers like SWTC, K1C2 and Habu Textiles.
I got the newsletter from
SWTC with a new Tofutsies sock pattern today.
6. Sunsets
Last night the sunset was just incredible over the ocean. I'm very lucky to live where I do.
7. Daylight Savings Time (except for the lost hour of sleep today)

No comments: