Sunday, March 11, 2007

Fiber Weekends

I had a fibery weekend with a knitting friend whose family was out of town. Saturday afternoon and evening we knitted and watched her new Lucy Neatby sock knitting DVD. Then we got bored and watched an old Masterpiece Theater with a very young Jeremy Irons: Love for Lydia (look for it at your local library.) We kept knitting the whole time. My friend started a new ripple pattern jacket in Silk Garden and knit 5 inches on the back.

I got quite a bit done on my Sock Madness sock, which I started in the morning. I'm almost to the toe on the first sock. I'm using some yarn I dyed myself along with a solid navy.
I scanned this picture because I STILL don't have a digital camera. UPDATE: It's done! I've started sock #2.


Today we went to the Contemporary Crafts Market in San Francisco at Fort Mason (right on the bay, just beautiful today.) I bought some lampwork glass pendants and some blown glass animals: A papa penguin and baby, and a mama quail and her babies on a log for my mother. There were lots of craftswomen knitting while tending their booths. Lots of knitted scarves, brooches, knitted and felted hats, jackets, scarves, and vests.

No comments: