Friday, May 18, 2007

It's here!!! My Knitter's Treat Exchange package

I arrived home yesterday after a really bad day (sinus infection, aching muscles, no time to even sit down for 5 hours straight) to a satisfyingly stuffed mailbox. My package had arrived from my upstream treater in the Knitter's Treat Exchange. I sent a package to Chrissie in Singapore, and in return I got a wonderful package from Amanda in Tasmania. She sent me a great package with incredible hand dyed yarn (from the etsy shop Monsoon Winds) that is extremely soft and achingly bright (but in a good way.) This yarn will make great socks. I'm now looking for the right pattern to show it off. Amanda also included a really pretty bag from Crabtree & Evelyn (my favorite!) with travel sized Rose Petals lotion, soap and shower gel, lots of great Australian chocolates, the latest issue of the great Australian knitting magazine, YARN, and a collectible Hello Kitty candy dispenser. I don't have a camera right now, so you'll have to be content with a scanned image of the yarn. Amanda also sent me a postcard with a great picture of the greenest gorge I've ever seen. She says it is right in the middle of her town. It also had a great stamp (I collect stamps, sort of.) The one thing she didn't send was her email or blog address so I could thank her in person. Thanks so much, Amanda. I am enjoying all of the goodies.

4 comments:

amanda j said...

It was me! I am so glad it arrived! And so sorry it was late!! The gorge is in the middle of my town. When I was a teenager we used to walk from the city centre up the path for a swim and back again. Glad I brightened your day.

Lyndsey-Jane said...

Those colours are just wondeful! Can't wait to see what pattern you choose and how it knits up.

Cindy/Snid said...

Oh what fun- I really do need to do one of those swaps some day!

Hannah Six said...

Isn't it fun to get something in your mailbox that's not a bill or a pile of junk mail? What a perfect antidote to a horrible day. And who knows, maybe you'll find that gorgeous yarn (like the sock yarn Amanda sent) is a good cure for sinus infections! Hope you feel better soon :-)