Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Stitches West/ I succumbed

I had 4 days of classes at Stitches West, met someone for lunch on Saturday (no shopping that day until after class at 5:00), and yet I still managed to buy yarn. It was a good thing I brought a bag lunch on Friday because I spent my whole lunch break (2 hours) at the Woolstock booth looking for another bag of some Louisa Harding Aran weight cashmere blend. Everything at the Woolstock booth was 1/2 off but you had to buy the whole bag. I also got some Noro Kochoran for $10.00 a skein there.

Sock yarn purchases:
Sock Candy from STR (stretchy cotton, hand dyed) plus the Fairisling on Blue Moon book.
Shelridge Farms Ultra in heathered purple (never mind that I already got some in another color two Stitches ago and haven't knit it up yet). I am almost finished working on another pair in rust heather and it is wonderful.
Fleece Artist in parrot, which has blues, greens and roses, plus lilac
Sol Joy in a dark blue/multicolor
STR light in Hen House (rainbow)
I also tried to buy two skeins of STR that I already owned but haven't knit yet. Luckily they could tell me at the check out table that I did own it, so I saved some money there.

I resisted buying anything at Webs and was glad I had ordered some sock yarn from Astrid in Holland the week before so I wasn't tempted by the bamboo blends. I almost bought more Hand Jive Nature's Palette in a pinky grey burgundy odd duck dye lot but there was only one skein. Next time. That was at Carolina Homespun and they are a somewhat LYS. That's not all the yarn I purchased: more next time.

I also got Lily Chin to sign my
French Madeline book. She was dressed as Madeline at the student banquet Saturday. She thought that was a hoot and said I made her day on Sunday afternoon, after a long four days. She even signed en francais.

No comments: