Monday, September 19, 2011

Long Time No Post

It's been so long since I've posted. It seems like just yesterday! I've been very busy, mostly on Ravelry, including Sock Knitters Anonymous & the Editor's Group.

Let's see. what have I been doing:

  • Went to the 2nd Sock Summit, where I managed to visit the emergency room on my first day and hobbled around the rest of the time with cellulitis. My team did win the Yarn/Fiber Trivia contest Saturday night, though.
  • Helped my brothers move my mom into assisted living and cleared out her home of 55 years.
  • Traveled to Hawaii where I knitted cotton socks by the pool.
  • Went to Olympia, WA for my nephew's wedding, where I didn't get much knitting done.
  • Fell in love with a rescue dog, a black lab named Cassie, who is really my DD's dog (and her boyfriend's). I have shared custody, though.
  • I've been designing for Knitting Today! magazine. My first design was a pair of argyle socks. I've never knit argyle socks before, so that was an experience. I plan to knit another pair when I've recovered.
I also designed a pair of Stanford University socks, plus these.......

bike basket in my favorite mosaic stitch
striped wine bottle gift bag
felted tray and bowl
child's sunhat in a great terrycloth yarn
ribbed fisherman's cap
  • I'm working on more designs right now, but they have to be kept secret until the magazines come out.
  • I'm also designing for Crochet Today!. My first crocheted design was just published: Japanese House Slippers

No comments: