Monday, January 22, 2007

Fairisle Felted Bag

I joined a knit along for the Nicky Epstein bag in the Vogue Knitting Holiday issue.
I am using Bartlett's Maine Wool which I had on hand in most of the same colors. I started out knitting it double stranded on size 13 needles to make a larger bag, but I'm not sure I'll continue with the larger size.

I've also been distracted by learning entrelac, and made a bag from leftover Kureyon and a larger bag from Elann's Peruvian Aran, wool and alpaca in nice heathered colors. I'm not using the same colors as the pattern, but close. I like blues, greens and purples myself, but I also included a nice dark heathered red.


This yarn would also work well in the Vogue fairisle bag. I have a swatch card, so I am going to look and see if there are enough of the right colors to make the bag.

No comments: